Regional Logistics Council
The Greater Memphis Chamber’s Regional Logistics Council works to enhance the logistics industry and increase jobs, wages, and capital investment in the Memphis Region by addressing infrastructure, workforce development, marketing, and strategic planning.
- Collaborate with regional partners to secure funding for infrastructure improvements that strengthen our transportation network.
- Advocate for business-friendly regulations that support the growth of the Memphis logistics industry.
- Identify current and future workforce needs by convening industry sector councils and conducting in-person site visits with Memphis area employers. Data is provided to the Greater Memphis Alliance for a Competitive Workforce, which manages the data to assist in the development of a pipeline of qualified workers in the region.
- Maintain a significant partnership with the Workforce Investment Network (WIN) which connects job seekers with information and resources to employment opportunities.
- Connect with strategic partners towards enhancing the Memphis logistics industry. Partners include FedEx, Tennessee Department of Transportation, Memphis International Airport, Memphis Port Authority, Metropolitan Planning Organization, BNSF Railroad, CN Railroad, Norfolk Southern Railroad, CSX Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad, Sea Point in New Orleans, American Railroad Association, American Trucking Association and many other organizations.